Tuesday, January 7, 2014

hippies and whatever

YESTERDAY I DID MY FIRST YOGA CLASS.

And let me just tell you 2 things:

  1. I loved it!
  2. OMG I AM SORE.
All athletes everywhere should do it. I feel like people think "what it's just like stretching for a hour pssh easy whatever bai" but NO. Wrong. It's like 1/4 stretching, relaxing, and breathing and 3/4 OMG WE'VE BEEN HOLDING OUR LEGS NEXT TO OUR HEAD FOR LIKE 30 MINUTES I CAN'T BALANCE ANYMORE i fell down.

Seriously. There were people that could freaking BALANCE on their HANDS with their knees like on their elbows????? WHAT? Also you kinda do a wallsit for like 15 minutes straight. Also the instructor will come over and say "soften" and then push you further into the "pose" (read: incredibly twisted position where your glute is DYING) and then you die.

In my opinion and experience, it's like relaxing really hard strength training. I don't really get it/can't explain it probably - but I felt relaxed at the same time my body was shaking. That whole breathing thing can really make you push yourself further. And I have a lot of tension in a lot of places, that I don't have time to stretch, so it looks like yoga 2x a week would be optimal for strength and flexibilty, right? And also it will make my shoulders hate themselves right before skiing today. Greatttt. hahahaha.

Well anyway I liked it a lot, I will continue doing it, and so I can only expect myself to turn into even more of a hippy than I already am. Hippy/mallgoth here I come yay.

xoxo, hshb,
candy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment