Thursday, January 30, 2014

to stare, to hear: cool shit of today


Click around the internet for five minutes, and I'll FOR SURE come across several things that I need to buy/love to listen to. I guess that's how it is being an angsty former-teenager living in a cynical bubble of her own discontent. Wait, did my goth-mentally just lose you? Don't worry I lost myself too.

Anyways, I've got 2 goodies to report on at 9am on this lovely cold morning 2 days before I return to the iced-over 9th circle that is Cambridge, MA. One to stare at, one to hear. I'm basically a poet.

To stare:

I'm obsessed with cocktails, you know, and I'm a tight-wearing fiend. They keep my legs warm when I wear over-the-top too-short dresses. And I was just clicking around when I got to House of Holland, went to the sale section AND FOUND THIS:



You can find these beauties here, but unfortunately, they are SOLD OUT. Which is bullshit.They have a suit set in the same print, but it looks as if those are sold out as well. So I went hunting, but literally I could not find 1 thing printed with cocktails that wasn't sucky. Everything is so lame with cocktails printed on it, besides House of Holland pants/jeans/tights, but I'm not going to advertise the jeans or pants here because they come in very limited sizes, and I doubt I could get a pair of them that fit right. So for now, we'll simply have to stare at the site until these beauties are brought back. For the record, the site's kind of broken on my computer, so I'm iffy on the sizes of these tights too. The print is the focus here.

Cocktail-Printed Tights: £12.00 = $19.86
Which means you'd lay down probably $25 - $30 for those babes. Expensive, HoH, expensive but desirable.


To hear:

I'm a poser that's been trying to get into the "punk" scene I guess, led by TacocaT into Fat Creeps into reading Le Sigh and such. I don't know, a catchy-noisey sounding song with an apathetic or interesting-sounding woman's voice just gets me. I didn't even know I was listening to punk stuff until finding KLYAM. I'm so hardxcore I didn't even know it!




 I love the picture, love the lyrics, love the voice, and I love mollusks. So a win overall right here. Check out more of Baby Mollusk here.


moar updates from the punk scene l8r,
candy

No comments:

Post a Comment