Thursday, August 1, 2013

kaleidoscope!

My new nickname is Kaleidoscope. It may or may not be based on a drunk interesting text, as you can see below, from my BFF J.



ALL MY KALEIDOSCOPIC PIECES <3



So, this got me thinking about my eyewear. Which is a natural progression from drunk texting.

After some research, I discovered 2 different brands that produce Kaleidoscopic-lensed glasses. The fashion world is all in a tizzy over the new h0les brand and their very expensive face jewelry, and I've read several blog posts that seem to assume that h0les was the first to create such lenses, or have this idea.

But, as a girl on a budget (who has a pension/addiction for shopping), I dug deeper. And I believe that h0les is not the first one to make such trippy eyewear.

I found Future Eyes, a brand that seems to have been around for at least a year, with a less-expensive set of glasses. They produce these glasses for dedicated ravers, I think, and general fashion-y people, but I don't know why fashion blogs seem to have missed them? They're not that much cheaper, especially if you want (as I would) the rainbow-colored lenses, but I think that they are a viable option. [Hopefully they aren't just a less-expensive gateway drug type of thing, like Fujifilm Instaxes are to Polaroid Instant cameras.] They also have a seemingly awesome 2-for-1 deal, and I may need to get a pair for a friend (Are my friends cool enough, though? WE'LL SEE.)

The point is, I need a pair for the party scene this fall. Like, NEED. More than a record player or pepper spray. Do I go for the cheaper, OG glasses? Or the newer, fashion-centered brand? Can you tell a difference????

Future Eyes' Regular Glasses (1 pair for $40.00)

Future Eyes' Rainbow Glasses (1 pair for $60.00)


h0les' Glasses (1 pair for $100.00)


I'll let you know which ones I get!!
xoxo, hshb,
candy


No comments:

Post a Comment