Sunday, September 8, 2013

#bestdayever


As you all know because you read my blog so carefully, the day started out very Catholic with Mass, and then brunch and a bit of homework reading stuff. THEN I made my way to the SoWa open market (with a short stop at Raven Used Books on Newbury along the way...and yes, I did walk to SoWa from Cambridge, there's a lot of bridges to say the least), which I can break down for you into 4 distinct areas:
  • Food Trucks ERRYWHERE
  • Farmer's Market
  • Inside Vintage Explosion
  • Craft Stalls/Cool Shit that I can't come up with a name for cause it was all real different

In the beginning I just was kinda wandering and exploring, but I ended up spending most of my day around the "Cool Shit" area. Understandably, because the first thing I found was The Sims House Party, and I like geeked out and took a photo all excitedly in front of some hot guy who was weirded out, I think. His hand is in the picture.

would've bought but don't have the sims 1....damn EPs
The next thing I stumbled upon was a whole freaking STALL of things that once were alcohol bottles (yay), which had been obviously dranken and glass-blown into cool vases!! If only I had a boyfriend who got me flowers...and one of these vases. That's my dream guy, right there.

I took a pic of the upscale vases. no aristocrat plastic shit here
Then I wandered over to the farmer's market, and lo and behold, I found Mother Juice!! It was just a lone food truck separate from all the madness of the "Food Truck" area, which is probably good cause I didn't like the crowds of grilled-cheese eating people at the Food Truck part. I didn't take a pic of my juice cause I got the wrong one, and it wasn't very good. I wanted something REALLY refreshing, but it was kale-based, which just left a weird taste in my throat. Bleh. But I would totes go back and order right next time, cause they didn't give any ice which I LOVE because it means you're not paying top $$$ for frozen water.

end-of-day ice coffee pumpkin ice cream float. cause i deserved it you asshats.
Then I bought some cool shit from that area, INCLUDING the VANESSA CARLTON CD WITH 1,000 MILES ON IT FOR $1, and a bomb-ass vest that I'll review later when I actually wear it out. I rounded the day off with an ice-cream-coffee-float (awesome - from Cookie Monstah) and a very weird MBTA train ride. Right on.

and yes, i am a witch

Oh, and I bought this sick candle. It's fall harvest scented <3

So basically, I know what I'm doing next Sunday. Ready, SBF?
hehe.

xoxo, hshb,
candy




No comments:

Post a Comment