Tuesday, September 3, 2013

why i was sad today

Ok, so many people, both who I knew and who I did not, saw me crying today. 

And I'd kind of like to just announce a fact about myself: I do NOT like being touched, when I'm not aware of it. Like, if a friend attacks me to hug me, that makes me feel uncomfortable. If someone rubs against me/pushed by me while walking by me, it makes me VERY uneasy. This has been pretty true all my life, but since a few sexual assaults happened, it's gotten worse. 

I know I had a lot of people around me at events today, and I tried to be just nice and whatever, but then one of my friends grabbed at my face, and I lost my head. Physically it feels bad - very bad - to be touched when I'm not expecting it. Almost like painful. 

So I might have over-reacted, but I just felt like explaining a bit. It's a very accepted, girly thing to attack your friends, and on other people, it's adorable - but I'm not normal like that. And I think that should be ok, although maybe flipping out and breaking down isn't the best way to cope.

Sorry to everyone who I snapped at!

xoxo, hshb,
candy

No comments:

Post a Comment