Monday, September 2, 2013

HAIM

The only picture I thought to take. #dancedtoohard


Last night I was lucky enough to attend the sold-out HAIM concert at Paradise Rock Club in Boston. It's the first of many concerts I am going to this semester (I'll post my schedule later sometime), and WOW. What a way to shake my depression of last week. 

HAIM is a indieish-rockish-popish-folky band of 3 sister + 1 guy drummer, and man, those girls are talented like nothing I've ever seen. Like, the most talented musicians I've seen on a stage - they did it all - all three of them sang lead at some point in the concert, they KILLED it on guitar, and there was this drum encore part that literally BLEW ME AND S'S MIND. I don't know how they could physically have that much energy and yet still be so precise and rhythmically synced. 

My favorite part of the concert was when they played Don't Save Me and then Forever immediately after that. They were sick you guys. Like true rockers. The lead for most of the concert (I'm pretty sure her name is Danielle) was soooooo cool. She wore this leather jacket and just was so genuinely talented & fun & cool. I wanna be in their family.


In other words, it was absolutely amazing, from the venue to their clothes to the fact that I can't really hear today. The girls were just so cool - rockers for real, they didn't try to be sexy or pretty or whatever, but they were just cause they were so talented!! Like....I have a major girl crush on ALL of them. :D 

On another note....I know at least 2 friends who had tickets (1 I bought a ticket for....), who just didn't like, want to go at the last minute and fucking either DID NOTHING or PLAYED LAZER TAG instead. I don't know what kinda fucking drugs these people are on, but they done missed OUT. Like that was worth my 25$ absolutely!!! Why wouldn't you go to a concert??? You can play loser laser tag any time!

So yeah...that like blows my mind too. LAME. I would be PISSED if I missed out on this....thank God for Paradise Rock Club and HAIM!

xoxo, hshb,
candy

Ps. If you wanna listen to them & another band I'm going to later this semester (The Ballroom Thieves), here's a link to my "concert prep" playlist on Spotify. It'll have more bands soon, as I update it.







No comments:

Post a Comment