Thursday, July 18, 2013

BEAUTY REVIEW: marc jacobs' honey perfume


I freaking love opening packages.

I got a bunch of stuff in the mail from Sephora yesterday, so I'm reviewing it all throughout the upcoming week. Keep in mind, these reviews are from the perspective of a 20-year-old college student/engineering intern, and not a perfumist or beauty expert. But I'm going to be brutally honest about all the products/how I'm going to use them.
 
So, with that little pseudo-disclaimer out of the way, let's start criticizing perfume!!
 
One of the prettiest bottles by MJ, no doubt.
 
Marc Jacobs is kind of a perfume genius, in my opinion. I got the big bottle of Oh, Lola! as a gift, and it always got me attention from boys (and compliments from girls, but that's honestly not why I wear perfume). I had the rollerball too, and I actually used it all up. But I'm not a perfume-diehard-loyalist to any brand/fragrance besides one (which I'll probably praise review later), so I didn't get another one and continued jumping around with which perfume I use. I've also given Daisy as a gift to many girls for their birthdays, and it's always appreciated, but I've never gone beyond just a quick whiff of Daisy - it just wasn't "my type" of fragrance. I tend to go for either sexy-sultry scents, or very natural, makes-me-feel-like-a-hippy all day scents.
 

Look at all the stuff I have to try!! Actual Honey perfume sample is in the top-right corner. (AS IF with the cellulite cream though, amirite)

So, when I got the opportunity to order a sample of Honey from Sephora, I thought "FUN let's try it!" And if I like it, I might splurge on the rollerball. I'll update you accordingly (:
 
Honey starts out with a SUPER clean scent, sprayed right out of the bottle. I would liken it to cutting into a green apple, the first scent it gives off - that's the vibe I got first from Honey. I don't usually wear very clean/fresh smelling scents, but every time I put my wrist to my nose I would smile. It's a really happy scent, and I heard they tried to make the scent smell "yellow," which is the feeling I got from the first notes of the perfume.
 
A couple hours later, the perfume smelled more floral, but not your grandmother's floral - like a farmer's daughter floral, if that makes sense. I liked it - it was another really happy scent that made me smile even though I was late to work and in all kinds of traffic.
 
 
Unfortunately, I don't know if I didn't spray enough (I used two sprays on my neck and two sprays on my wrists) or something, but the scent faded very quickly today, and was almost not noticeable in a couple of hours. I intentionally didn't spray as much as I usually do, because I wanted my sample to last the weekend, so that could've been the case. I'll let you know later on if the scent lasts with more sprays.
 
Overall, the perfume reminded me of that one really nice girlfriend you have, who doesn't make fun of you when you've spilled something on your shirt at high-school lunch, and lets you borrow her sweater to cover it up. Always cheerful, happy, smiling. Wearing it actually made me feel less angsty this morning. I don't know if it's a perfume standard for me, or if I'll invest in the rollerball, but I think it would be a great birthday gift for that type of girlfriend you have. As with all Marc Jacobs perfumes, the bottle is absolutely gorgeous, and that girl would probably thank you a thousand times over for getting you a perfume that exactly matched her personality.
 
So that's Honey by Marc Jacobs!! I'll be reviewing more Sephora stuff throughout the week (:
 
xoxo, hshb,
candy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment