Friday, July 26, 2013

cubicle essentials by candice

I like alliteration.


Serious work getting done in my cube.

Happy Friday everyone!! I thought, since I'm not working today, that I'd post a bit about why I wouldn't mind working Fridays. So - cubicle essentials time!

I practically live at work for this summer. I work out here, I eat two meals a day here. Since my car crapped out I have to get here super early, so I'm here when it's dark out. I blog here (breaks, people! Stop freaking out :P), I shower here. I should organize my desk a bit more, but everyone knows how messy creative people are, right? Yeah, let's go with that.

I've come up with a list of essentials to not have be in a bogus mood for my work day. They're split up into stuff I keep at my desk, locker at the gym, and my office kitchen.

Things I've got at my desk (that have nothing to do with the work I do) consist of:

Things I have at the gym:

Things I have in the office kitchen (including the fridge):
  • Lunch Tote
  • Gallon-Storage Ziploc bag
  • Tupperware filled with Raisin Bran
  • Ceramic Bowl
  • Soup Spoon
  • Half-gallon of Flax Milk
  • Half-gallon (that's now half-used after lunch today) of Imagine Creamy Portobello Soup [it's dairy free!]


And I need more. I want back-up dishware, and more cereal, and another half-galloon of Flax/Almond milk, and back-up soups in case I forget to bring one into work. And a lot of dish towels for carrying hot soup around. And more emergency snacks, cause you never know.

It just makes my life so convenient if a lot of my stuff is at work! I can reach for a cleansing towelette if my face feels oily, I don't have to worry about putting on perfume before I leave home, and I can eat breakfast while working at my desk.

So I know it's a long list, but those are my work-life barebones essentials. What are yours? Or am I missing anything?

xoxo, hshb,
candy

**I'm a big proponent of Lush, because I'm a hippie who believes in good-Earth stuff and whatever, and also because I have very, very sensitive skin and the all-natural products work with me. It's a tad expensive when compared to something like Clean & Clear, but with Lush products, I get no irritation, and I've always found their products to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment