Monday, July 29, 2013

taking a break



This is how tired I was this weekend.

I couldn't come up with a single idea to blog about today, and I didn't even feel like looking at my favorite blogs.

Sometimes you just need a break.

After being stupidly emotional on Saturday, and being just plain BUSY (with stuff that's a secret right now!! shhhh WINK) yesterday, I've realized that a lot of the things I've been taught in life is to keep going. Persevere. Don't be a quitter. KEEP. GOING.

And that is not how I function.

I'm almost an erratic person, jumping from one thing to the next every minute or second. My energy has been spread a lot in my life, between school, music, sports (a lot of them), friends, an insane family, tests, government, baking & cooking, meetings, classes, fashion, writing, and all my stupid interests. And I somehow devote all of me, 100% to whatever I am doing. I've been expending a huge amount of energy my entire life, and I've just realized how I function, and I think I kind of understand why that is.

My ex-boyfriend asked me if I was bipolar. I'm not, and generally I feel really happy and upbeat like all of the time (party party woo!), but I can see why he'd ask that (and if you read my post Saturday you would too probably). I go and I go and I go and then I crash.

I take breaks.

I can't do something very intensive for too long. It's why I did different sports in high school, and it's why I would take summers off of my violin. And it's also why I legitimately could not force myself to work out yesterday. At some point, I. Need. A. Break.

And because I haven't actually, like, acknowledged that this is how I function, my psyche would just burn out and I'd be lazy or depressed or sad, because I'd also get tired of being excited and bubbly all the time. Sicknesses made this worse (like mono. Yeah.).

I think in the future I need to recognize when I'm running out of energy, and take a little time to myself to break the cycle and rejuvenate myself. It's not a big deal to be sad, but if you're taking a step back and looking at all your sad feelings that you "forget about" (read: push down) every day, you can feel that sadness and move on.
That's my plan for the near future, at least. And maybe some meditation?? I don't know, how much of a hippie am I?

xoxo, hshb,
candy

--just to clarify, i'm not taking a break from blogging (; just blogging about breaks hahaha lol break blog alliteration yes

No comments:

Post a Comment