Tuesday, July 16, 2013

your best friend is a dick and you're fine with it

listening to: Think of You by MS MR
We both look like such nice people.

I have a handful of best friends, people who actually know a lot about me, as in personal (read: sad) stuff. But honestly, I can't describe any of them as nice. They're not. They're all dicks - and I mean all of them.

Let's do a headcount, with first initials because I'm trying to protect the anonymity of the people I post pictures of on this blog: J, S, K, Jo, C, A, Al, M, Ca. Dick, dick, dick...you get the picture.

Now, I'm not trying to be a mean or bad friend, or actually bashing these kids in anyway. They're absolutely fantastic friends, and great people. What I mean, is that they're not nice. They've got something else, something I love - a witty edge, a willingness to make fun of people, and the ability to "dish-it-and-take-it."
(If you noticed, I didn't put a "B" in my headcount. Cause that friend can DEFINITELY dish it, but he can't take it. What a wuss.)

I love people with a sense of humor, and if you can make me laugh, we've got the first step to friendship down. And honestly, if you're not a little bit mean (at least a little bit. Usually it's a lot), you can't be funny. You're too nice to be funny. You might take offense to things I say. You make me uncomfortable, cause you're so fucking freaking nice. 

So when my best friend S (pictured above, anonymity can suck it) informed me, loudly, "You're going to HELL!" I took it in stride, and laughed, and probably snorted from laughing. I do that. 

Thanks for the blog name, friends. Your dickiness makes me laugh, and deep down I know you're good people that have my back no matter what. You're just not nice.

xoxo, hshb,
candy

No comments:

Post a Comment